Dr. Pewarchuk incorporates the dental laser in many procedures.
A Laser is a single wavelength beam of highly concentrated light energy. Medical surgery has been completely transformed by the laser. The laser has become a minimally invasive alternative to traditional surgical methods because it:
- Is exact and predictable
- Is highly efficient and produces little heat
- Doesn’t require sterilization of the treatment area
- Minimizes bleeding
- Offers precise control over depth and extent of incision
- Requires no pain medication in some cases
- Typically has little effect on the surrounding tissues
We use a CO2 laser for a variety of soft tissue procedures, including:
- Crown lengthening
- Gum grafts
- Periodontal disease therapy
- Removal of excess gum tissue
- Removal of skin imperfections on the face or mouth
- Dental implant laser surgery with a CO2 laser. This minimally invasive surgery has no bleeding, no swelling and no discomfort. The precision of this procedure makes for predictable results.